Resolving your immigration case can be one step in the pursuit of a new beginning here in the United States. However, understanding the immigration process and information from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) can be difficult. An experienced attorney who is fluent in the language of the immigration processes can provide you with the insight and guidance you need to move forward.
Serving clients in Fredrick and throughout the greater Baltimore area, we at Luqman Law know how immigration issues can affect your life, future and family. Attorney Devin Luqman has handled and successfully resolved numerous immigration matters for individuals, businesses and families.
Comprehensive Immigration Services Tailored To Your Needs
We represent clients in the following types of immigration cases:
- Family-based immigration: Bringing family members to the U.S. can be a complex process. Spouses, unmarried children, fiancés and fiancées, and other family members may come into the country on a visa sponsored by their lawful U.S. citizen family member. This family member also can sponsor a green card application if the family member plans to become a permanent resident.
- Nonimmigrant visas: When an individual wants to travel to the U.S. for vacation, medical treatment or other temporary reasons, typically they can apply for a B-1, a B-2 or another visa at the local U.S. consulate in their country.
- Citizenship and naturalization: Through the naturalization process, which can be explained by our firm, a person who has temporary legal residency or permanent legal residency can seek official citizenship in the U.S.
- Deportation: Anyone in the U.S. on a visa or who is not a naturalized citizen can be deported and sent back to their home country if convicted of a crime or otherwise in violation of the terms of their residency in the U.S.
- Other immigration matters: In addition to the above general immigration matters, we also assist clients with the adjustment of their immigration status, asylum, cancellation of removal, business-related immigration and more. Talk to us about how we can help you with your situation.
Immigration And Criminal Charges
It is important to note that if you are in the country on a visa or other temporary immigration status, being charged with a crime can have a drastic impact on that status. It is possible, upon conviction, for your visa to be revoked or your green card application denied, or you could potentially be deported. As our attorney, Devin Luqman, handles both criminal cases and immigration matters, he is able to aggressively fight for your rights in your criminal case to protect your immigration status whenever possible.
Helping You Achieve Your Dreams
To learn more about how we handle immigration matters and how the process works, schedule a consultation by calling our firm at 301-900-8680. You may also contact us online.