News and Case Updates

About Special Immigrant Juvenile Status

Posted by Devin S. LuqmanAug 14, 20220 Comments

Special Immigrant Juvenile Status

We Love Our Clients, and They Love Us Because We Represent Humanity.  These children will soon be granted Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, which will allow them to obtain green cards in the near future!

Special Immigrant Juvenile Status is available to a minor, unmarried, usually under the age of 21 or 18, who has been abandoned, abused, and/or neglected by one or both of their parents. A judge in the State Court where the child and his parent or custodian must first make the necessary legal and factual findings, and after that, the Judge's findings are sent to immigration with an application for the Special Immigrant Visa. Once the Visa is approved, the minor can adjust their status to a Permanent Resident and get a green card.